IRRIGATION MASTER PLANNING
* Water requirements: Water requirements per day at peak consumptive
use and per year according to climatic data and the needs of the planned
* Pressure Requirements: Water pressure required to provide
the needed volume of water within desirable or limited
* Water Meter or Pump Sizing: Correct placement and efficient
sizing for Points Of Connection to provide adequate rates of
flow to meet the above
requirements or restraints.
* Sleeving Plan: For street crossings of water and low voltage
* Design Guidelines: For consistent design and equipment use throughout
IRRIGATION SYSTEM DESIGN
* Sprinkler Head or Drip Emitter Layout: Providing for uniform
distribution of water.
* Zoning: Separation of areas of differing water requirements
and watering times. (Hydrozones)
* Circuiting: Control valve placement, routing and computer sizing
of pipe according to topography and pressure losses due to friction.
Pressure differentials along a manifold or sprinkler lateral are maintained
to 20% of desired operation pressure.
* Programming and Schedule: Water management schedules as guidelines
to landscape maintenance and for compliance to municipal ordinance.
* Support: All specifications necessary to provide directions
for proper installation.
* Special circumstances: Discussions and descriptions of unusual
* Intent of design: Explanations of intentions to insure contractor's
* Review of specifications: Discussions to ensure contractors
* Head Lay-Out. (Staking)
* Contractor Conformance. (Observations)
* Observation Reports.
* As-Built Drawings / Controller Charts.
* On-site Observations: Review of existing irrigation products,
system performance and current schedules.
* Water Used/Required: Comparison of the water consumed and the
* Recommendations: Irrigation scheduling, equipment substitutions,
application techniques and methods.
* Value engineering: Review and Critique of existing plans for
the purpose of reducing water and electrical utility charges and irrigation
* Peer Review: Review and Critique of existing plans for the purpose
improving irrigation performance and reducing the potential for
water related damage.